The Financial Aid office at Lawrence Memorial/Regis College is here to answer your questions and help you create a comprehensive financing-your-education plan.
You will likely need to invest a certain amount of your own money in your education, but it’s important to
- determine how much you can pay out-of-pocket
- if you can’t pay totally out-of-pocket, understand the types of financial aid
- get an estimate of how much aid you might be eligible to receive
- apply for financial aid in time to pay for your program of studies
For a walk-through, visit Strategies for Funding Your LMRC Education
Required financial aid application
To be considered for financial aid, you are REQUIRED to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). First, visit www.studentaid.gov to learn all about the FAFSA.
When to complete the FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after you are accepted to Lawrence Memorial/Regis College.
How to complete the FAFSA
- Go to: www.studentaid.gov
- At the top, click “The FAFSA Form” and then “Complete the FAFSA Form” and follow the online steps.
- You will be asked to create an account to obtain a FSA ID. If you are a dependent student, have a parent also create a separate account to obtain their own FSA ID. Account access allows you — and, if you are a dependent, your parent — to access the FAFSA, make corrections and digitally sign it.
- Follow the online steps to create the FAFSA. IMPORTANT TIPS:
- Use the correct institution code. When it asks you to list the college(s) to which you want your FAFSA sent, indicate “Lawrence Mem Hospital Sch of Nrsng” and enter our official Federal code: 006331 DO NOT use the code for Regis College by mistake — Regis College is a totally separate institution. Again, if you are applying to Lawrence Memorial/Regis College for an Associate Degree in Nursing or Radiography, you MUST indicate “Lawrence Mem Hospital Sch of Nrsng” and enter our official Federal code: 006331
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. The best way to complete the fields asking for tax information is to click where indicated to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, which then automatically enters the information. If you can’t use the tool, you can request IRS Tax Return Transcripts at www.irs.gov or 800-908-9946.
- At the appropriate time, LMRC’s Financial Aid Administrator will inform you via email if you have been awarded federal aid, followed by all the information you need to know to accept your aid, including deadlines.