It is important that our students understand their rights and responsibilities regarding financial aid at LMRC and that we at LMRC explain how we conduct ourselves in considering students’ eligibility and protecting their information.
Lawrence Memorial/Regis College admits academically qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Lawrence Memorial/Regis College maintains a policy of nondiscrimination toward all persons eligible for scholarship and loan programs and other College administered programs.
Lawrence Memorial/Regis College is in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended.
Financial aid records are
- highly confidential
- stored securely in the office of the Financial Aid Administrator
- accessible only to the Vice President for Education; Director, Student & Alumni Services, Financial Aid Administrator; and internal auditors
- accessible to others ONLY with the express, written consent of you — the student (if independent) — and/or your family (if you are dependent).
Your right to privacy is protected by LMRC’s strict policies and procedures.
Students have the right to:
- Know what financial aid programs are available at the institution
- Know the deadline dates for submitting applications for financial aid
- Know how financial aid will be distributed, how decisions on distribution are made and the basis for these decisions
- Know how financial need was determined
- Know how much financial need as determined by the institution has been met
- Request an explanation of the various programs in the student aid package
- Know the institution’s refund policy and procedures
- Know what portion of the financial aid received must be repaid and what portion is grant money.
- Know the institution’s policy on satisfactory academic progress
- Have student records maintained in a confidential manner, to have information released only on written consent of the student and to have institutional policies and procedures which protect the student’s right of privacy
- Receive student consumer information
- Appeal to the Financial Aid Administrator if they are dissatisfied with the award
If satisfaction is not achieved, the student may appeal in writing to the Director, Student and Alumni Services.
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- Meet the eligibility requirements for financial aid
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the right place
- Provide correct information on all financial aid forms
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by either the Financial Aid Office or the agency to which financial aid forms were submitted
- Read and understand all forms that he/she is asked to sign and keep copies of the forms
- Accept responsibility for all personally signed agreements
- Perform the work that is agreed upon in accepting a Federal Work Study award
- Be aware of and comply with the institution’s documented deadline dates
- Inform the Financial Aid Office of any change in name, address, enrollment status, financial circumstances or marital status
- Reapply each year in order to receive federal aid
- Complete entrance and exit interview requirements for loans.
A federal regulation requires schools to provide voter registration information to each enrolled student. All students may request a “Voter Registration Form”.
Department of Education Loan Ombudsman
The Federal Student Aid Ombudsman of the Department of Education helps resolve disputes and solve other problems with federal student loans.
All questions regarding Federal Student Loans that cannot be satisfactorily answered by the Program, bank or loan services should be directed to the Department of Education “Loan Ombudsman.” Click here for more information, including contact information.
Where to visit for more information
- FSA Student Aid Information Center: 1-800-433-3243 (1-800.4.FED.AID)
- FSA Students portal: www.studentaid.gov
- NSLDS Student Access: nsldsfap.ed.gov
Please contact the Financial Aid Administrator at LMRCFinaid@tuftsmedicine.org