The Radiography Program, delivered by Lawrence Memorial/Regis College (of MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Tufts Medicine) and sponsored by educational partner Regis College, endeavors to prepare qualified graduates to enter the profession as Radiographers who are:
- competent in the performance of radiologic exams stipulated with the content specifications published for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists’ Radiography examination
- imaging professionals who provide patients with safe, ethical and compassionate care in their practice
- effective communicators
- radiologic science professionals who demonstrate a critical thinking based and scientifically-founded problem solving approach in their practice.
LMRC strives for all graduates of its Radiography program to achieve these goals to usher them confidently into their new careers as radiologic technologists.
Demonstrate clinical competency
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of knowledge for all radiographic procedures.
- Apply positioning skills during their clinical internships.
- Practice safety in the clinical environment.
- Practice compassionate and ethical patient care.
Be an effective communicator
- Demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adapt positioning skills for non-routine exams.
- Manipulate technical factors for non-routine exams.
- Critique images to determine diagnostic quality.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in the clinical performance.
- Demonstrate continual and appropriate performance improvement.