Salem State University, Salem, MA, MSN, 2012
University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, BSN, May 2007
Lawrence Memorial/ Regis College, Medford, MA, ASN, 2003
Area of Clinical Expertise:
Tewksbury Hospital Staff Nurse~
Serves as a staff nurse, providing high quality nursing care in accordance to hospital policy and procedure as well as providing direct patient care for those that are diagnosed with long term illnesses (MS and CP patients) and also those patients that are in the rehabilitation phase (ID patients).
• Handles the role of charge nurse providing direct and indirect supervision to licensed and unlicensed personnel and ensures appropriate staffing to provide high quality patient care.
• Undertakes the role of a leader in medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Acts as a liaison for the interdisciplinary team.
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care according to the needs of individual patients based on appropriate standards of practice.
• Unit Preceptor for newly hired staff.
• Member of the Blood Transfusion Team.
• Member of Nursing Practice Council.
- Elements of Discovery
- As a unit council member, researching how to effectively utilize simulation in a hospital setting.
- As a member of nursing practice, I support the research endeavors of other colleagues.
- As a graduate of Salem State University, I wrote a grant proposal for the young women at Brigid’s Crossing.
- Elements of Application
- As a member of the nursing practice council, I review hospital policy and procedure to be sure EBP is being utilized.
- Elements of Integration
- As a staff nurse, I am an assigned preceptor for newly hired staff.
- Elements of Teaching
- As a member of unit council, nursing practice and as a preceptor; I proposed that more educational offerings be available for staff to be able to handle behaviors associated with intellectual disabilities and asked for the facility to invest in simulation for educational purposes for the hospital.
- As a staff nurse and a clinical instructor, I have attended educational seminars for continued education.
- Clinical Excellence Award Recipient for TSH 2013
- Rosemary Smith Memorial Scholarship Recipient for MNA 2012
- Unit 7 HCP Pursuing Higher Education Recipient 2010 & 2011
- Student Organization Award Recipient for LM/RC SON 2003
- Leadership and Professionalism Award Recipient for LM/RC SON 2003
- Massachusetts Nurses Association/National Nurses Union
Community Service Activities:
- Volunteer at Brigid’s Crossing in Lowell, MA