RN to Bachelors of Science (BS)
Pathway I is for LM/RC students and graduates who have a non-nursing Bachelor’s degree and is comprised of three (3) upper division-nursing courses:
- NU 304 Health Assessment
- NU 321 or NU 402
- NU 403 Evidence for Clinical Practice
- *NU 510 Community-Based Nursing
- NU404, Concepts and Challenges in Professional Practice, is required for graduates who did not complete either ID 211 or NU404 as a 3-credit course.
- * RN Licensure Required for NU510
The BS completion course descriptions are identified below:
NU 304 Health Assessment in Nursing (3 cr.)
This course teaches the student to assess the health status of clients of any age in any setting. Students incorporate knowledge attained in the prerequisite courses.
NU 403 Evidence for Nursing Practice (3 cr.)
This course focuses on the translation of current evidence into nursing practice, including the identification of practice issues, appraisal and integration of evidence, and the evaluation of outcomes (AACN, 2008).
NU 404 Concepts and Challenges in Professional Practice (3 cr.)
An introductory course for the registered nurse to explore the role of the professional nurse in the ever-changing health care system with a view to empowering and solidifying that role.
NU 510 Community-Based Nursing (6 cr.)
The role of the professional nursing I the primary level of health care is explored.
Upon completion, students may continue to the Masters of Science in Nursing for one of the following programs: Nurse Practitioner (Family, Women’s Health, Pediatric, Psych-Mental Health, Adult-Geriatric)
Clinical Nurse Specialist; Nursing Leadership-NL/Health Administration, NL/Regulatory & Clinical Research Management; NL/Health Informatics, NL/Health Policy
Pathway II is for LM/RC students and graduates who do not have a Bachelor’s Degree. Students would come to Regis College with 73 credits. Students would need to complete the following additional courses to meet the core requirements of Regis College, to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree:
Core Regis nursing courses:
- NU 304 Health Assessment (3 credits)
- NU 403 Evidence for Clinical Practice (3 credits)
- NU 321 Nursing Care of the Ageing Adult (3 Credits)
- NU 402 Nursing Informatics (3 Credits)
- NU 510 Community based nursing (6 credits)
Subtotal 106 credits
- Must have completed NU 102.
- GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 must achieve a grade of B or better in the first two nursing courses.
- Students with a 2.7 GPA may be accepted, provisionally.
- Acceptance allows you to take bachelors degree courses, including both nursing and non-nursing courses.
All BS nursing courses are offered online. NU 304 holds Zoom synchronous sessions.
Interested in the RN to BSN Nursing Bridge Program?
Take the next step NOW!
- Please book an appointment with Hillary Trischetta!
- Click here to visit the Regis College website for more information specific to LM/RC students!
Hillary Trischitta, MEd
Ready to Apply?
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding one of the LM/RC programs.